Thursday, January 02, 2020

The Latest in Knitting

What have I been up to in the knitting department, you ask? Well, I'll tell you!

The usual sock, though with a hitch only just resolved. I was working on this sock on my October trip, and realized after I got back that I had started the heel in slightly the wrong place. I decided to go on and fudge it, which would probably have worked well enough, but then last month I (accidentally, if I need to say that) pulled one needle out of its stitches, and I put it aside to think about.
I'm not saying it was a sign that I should do the heel over, but I decided to do just that. Yesterday, I frogged.
Back to before the heel flap, and ready to keep going.
Although I did sometimes carry another project with me, this is probably the longest I've gone without have a sock-in-progress with me at all times, and I have to say, it felt odd!

Next, I mentioned in the Rhinebeck write-up that I wanted to make the Cereus Cowl, and I guess I haven't mentioned it since? Well, I only started it a few weeks ago, and things have been busy lately.

I'm making it with Berroco Folio, one ball a solid sort of raspberry color, and the other this gorgeous mix.
I've been getting a lot done, but it's hard to photograph well, being in the round and on a short circular, leading to blobby pictures.

The colors also look really different in different lights!
I did find the other day that I'd made a mistake (discovered, unfortunately, just as the Bruins were blowing a lead and ended up losing in the shootout [as they have done in every shootout so far this season, just saying], which didn't make for a happy mood), but I assessed it in the light of day and moved on with it.

I also was thinking recently about my upcoming trip to Hawaii, and how much knitting time I will have on my travel day there (So Many Hours), and how I'm not certain how many more hours of knitting this will be, and decided that to be on the safe side, I had better cast on another project to travel with.

Since I finished the Seashell shawl, I've been thinking of making another version in a fingering weight yarn, to be slightly cozier; I love the lace-weight one, but it is by its nature light. And since I am familiar with the pattern, and know that it makes for good travel knitting, I decided that it would make a good choice.

I have two skeins of Three Irish Girls Adorn Luxe (the same that I used to make the Rocket Man baby blanket lap afghan that I love so much) in Fire Dance, which should be enough to make a nice cozy shawl. I wound the yarn today, so just need to get it started before I go.

Which will be here before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment