Sunday, December 01, 2019

December, Is It?

Well. If time just doesn't fly.

So, it's December. Thanksgiving is past (it was a great visit with my brother last week) and here comes Christmas, look out!

And I have a trip coming in January that I need to get geared up for--not that I'm not excited! I'm going to Hawaii with my aunt, and I'm very excited. I just don't feel prepared yet. But I have six weeks to get ready, or at least readier.

So, I know! Hawaii! I have been once before, in the B.B. times*, in 2006. That trip was also with my aunt, who adores the Big Island and lived there in a couple of stints back in the 60s. She has visited many times since, particularly to get away from winter in NY, and she asked me if I wanted to join her again this time. (This was in early September, and I made the plans but then the month kind of fell apart** before I got to blogging about it.)
*Before Blog. Things happened to me before then! I think! It's harder to look back for details.
**Work/email/servers nonsense, roofer chaos, and then Grandma.

She's going to be there for three weeks, but I'm only going to be away for a week and a half, and I'm going to work a few days and take some vacation time. And my brother is also going to go for a few days, after I leave, and it's his first time there, so I'm very excited for him as well. Lots of excitement! Six weeks is really soon! Ahhh!

Deep breath. Here, have a peaceful finished blanket photo.
I finished it mid-November, and it's been in constant use ever since. It's the perfect size for the lap, and it's very much Maggie-approved.




Five pictures, five different days. There are also these two:

This blanket took 4 skeins, and I have three skeins in another color of the yarn, which is the wonderful Three Irish Girls Springvale Worsted (this one is Rocket Man, and I also have Everlasting Gobstopper). I might make a smaller version for over the shoulders when sitting on the couch.

At the moment, though, I'm about 85% done with the Seashell Shawl (based on yarn used), so I want to power through and finish it before casting on something new. I'm so pleased with how it's coming out!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun afghan! Cat tested and approved, too.

    Have a wonderful time in Hawaii; take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete