Monday, January 06, 2020

A Visit to Hemingway Home (mostly cats) (Key West)

It's back to the Key West follow-up entries (done: main entrytreasure museum; to come: Curry Mansion Inn). Here we were!
A note: although I did enjoy the tour of the house very much (our guide was great), I didn't take many photos inside, and I am just about the last person you should ask about Hemingway (I didn't even know he had been married four times). For actual information about the house, I would point you to their website, for a start.

I was much more interested in cat-spotting.
Although I did see this model inside with impressive attention to detail.
The cormorant (or anhinga) drying its wings, and the ray down in the water!
The tour was outside Hemingway's writing studio, and the guide pointed something out here. See?
Cat sleeping in the gutter.
This cat also hung around while she was talking, for clear reason.
"Why isn't she giving me more treats?"
"More treat!"
Another cat came along to demonstrate how the urinal that Hemingway brought home from Sloppy Joe's was incorporated into the landscaping.
I think this was treat cat again, getting scritches this time.
Very laid back.
We wandered around the grounds after the tour, and I noticed that, cats being cats, there were paw prints in the concrete in some spots.
Big paw prints!
This cat didn't have time to talk.
This one had time, but no inclination.
Popping out of the bushes.
Even apart from the cats, the grounds are beautiful. I think the guide said it's the largest privately owned property in Key West.
Mom pointed out the white stuff fluffing off the side of this tree.
If Chihuly designed trees.
Flowers.
And cats!
Everywhere! Walking.
Napping.
I mean, out like a light.
Sniffing. "Who is this cat I sniff? Not one of ours!"
Resting.
Everywhere. Very enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. That Chihuly tree had me laughing out loud on a day I really needed that--thank you!

    ReplyDelete