Wednesday, November 21, 2018

A Little Gratitude for Knitting

As we head into Thanksgiving, I will have more in the next few days of things I am grateful for, but for today, I want to show you some happy knitting projects.

First up is my couch knitting project, the baby lap blanket with the Three Irish Girls Yarn I bought in September. The pattern (more like guidelines) came with the yarn purchase, and is very straightforward, which is just what I need.

Some progress shots:



Here is where I started the second skein (of an eventual four).
I am enjoying this so much. The pattern is nicely un-difficult, the colorway is endlessly amusing, and it's already big enough to be a little helpful when my legs get chilly.
Next up is the shirt/sweater/practically-sleeveless top I am making. I don't seem to have posted much about it here; there was the what-shall-I-make-with-the-yarn and then there was the I'm-casting-on post, but nothing since? Well, anyway, here I am:
I was measuring it because I want to make it a bit longer than the pattern* states, which is 14 inches to the underarm, so I measured it against a shirt I liked the length of, and decided I want closer to 17 inches.
*It's a free pattern from my local yarn store, and it's also kind of more like guidelines, but anyway, guidance is good.
Just a bit further!
The plain-vanilla knitting, with just color changes to pay attention to, is suiting me fine this year. It's not a good challenge year for me for knitting.

And it goes without saying that I have socks in progress. Here's the first one.
The second is progressing toward the heel. As it should. All is well.

1 comment:

  1. My knitting game is definitely not on point right now. I have a pair of socks I cannot seem to finish. I've been working on them for ~2 months now and just can't seem to care. I checked my sock drawer and I have enough socks to keep me going so there's no incentive there either. Eh. Sometimes it's like that I suppose.

    ReplyDelete