Sunday, November 11, 2018

Sand and Purrs

It's been a good day by any measure.

This morning I went for a walk on the beach.


It wasn't the best time for shelling, which meant it was excellent for walking (there's always a bright side.) I picked up this little shell, which was (obviously) no longer occupied, but there were hundreds and thousands of occupied ones along the tide line.
The water would roll  back, and they'd start digging themselves back into the sand. It's pretty wild to watch.
Just beautiful.
And warm. I was so hot when I got home (dripping sweat) that I took a dip in the pool, which felt marvelous.

After lunch, it was time to go visit the kittens! And someone was ready for the attention.
While someone else was out like a light.
There are seven babies in this one enclosure, and although they're quite tiny (foot for scale), they're close to being old enough to go home. Quite a few of them are pre-adopted, which is great!
While I was holding another kitten, this one decided that it was really his turn again, and climbed up the wiring behind my chair onto my shoulder to state his case.
Meanwhile, in the bed under the chair, a group nap was starting.
So I went to the other room to spend time with Peter. Remember him from a few weeks ago? He's doing so much better! Came right over to meet me, mewing for attention, and demanding pets and head rubs. He didn't quite want to be picked up, but I was very pleased with how much less shy he was.
"Certainly, I am handsome."
"What are those nuts next door doing?"
So that's been my pleasant Sunday so far. It beats the hell out of last Sunday, when I got a terrible migraine and was throwing up ... but it wouldn't take much to be better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment