Thursday, November 15, 2018

That's Different

This is a nice place to live, don't get me wrong, but there are parts of the city that are considerably more chi-chi than where we are, and that was brought home to me (so to speak) as, while I waited for the valet to bring my Kia Soul around, I was standing next to a Rolls Royce, and then I passed not one but two Bentleys on my way back to the main street.

The cost of living is actually lower here than it was where I lived in Massachusetts*, but these are not things I saw up there. Like my mother's story of coming out of the grocery store once to find her car was between two powder blue Bentley convertibles... it's different!
*This comparison tool is really quite interesting, if you want to look at two places that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment