Thursday, May 24, 2018

This Time Next Week...

...I'll be in Florida, and the deadlines-and-pressure part of the move will be over. Less than a week. Almost there.

This afternoon, I was telling myself, "This time next week, I'll be at the airport" or "on the plane," except I just now realized that today is Thursday, and since I am flying out on Wednesday, none of that is true. And no harm was done, but for someone who has spent as much time as I have today (and in recent days) studying calendars and making plans, it's a little let's-call-it-disconcerting to be off by a day. But at least I wasn't off the other way! That would have been very painful.

Like my back is painful, where the packing effort has aggravated that damned sore spot I got shoveling my car out the last time. Oh, the irony.

I met with the attorney tonight and signed the paperwork for him to take care of the closing for me. It was much less fuss than I thought it would be, and I was out in about 15 minutes. He's very nice, in an I-trust-him-with-this-business way, which I had felt on the phone, but it was good to have confirmed face to face.

I was early for the appointment (what a shocker), so I sat on a bench near his office, in the sun, knitting for a few minutes. The sun felt marvelous, although the cool breeze was a bit more than I wanted. Still, nice to get out in it, and just sit still for a few minutes.

One of the last pieces of furniture I wanted to get rid of was the dresser, and someone came tonight and took it, so that's good. Check! Off the list.

I suppose at some point, I need to decide what I'm doing about dinner...say, before bedtime.

1 comment: