Friday, December 03, 2010

Hallelujah, Indeed

Sorry to miss a day posting! I do miss it, in fact, but I wasn't feeling well last night (unusual-headache-situation), and in a rare turn of events, I never even turned the computer on after I got home. But don't feel too sorry for me: I got to watch the Bruins play a most entertaining game before going to bed, so it wasn't all bad.

Before I forget, Day Two of Chocolate was Sweet Sloops:



Always a favorite here!

While Day Three was Sweet Shells:



Now, speaking of the Bruins, I'll have to call them out more often when their play is sub-par, because I complained about them earlier this week, and they won 3-0 on Wednesday and 8-1 last night. Eight to one! Now that was fun to watch, and where has that team been lately? Not wearing black-and-gold, I can tell you.

I am deeply curious which team will show up in Toronto for Saturday's game. Not to mention which Toronto team: the one that isn't doing well lately, and got beaten 5-0 last night, or the one burning to make up for the loss(es)?

*********
Have I mentioned how much I am loving having a driving commute again? LOVING. Even with the Boston drivers, it is great to be back in the car. Crank up the heat or crack open a window, change the radio station, sing along at the top of my not-in-public singing voice? Bliss.

Plus, the ability to stop along the way and run errands is marvelous, particularly at this time of year when there are so many things I want/need to do. I know very well that if I was taking the T and bus home, I would get in and not want to go out again. I've made stops every night this week, and if I had all that stuff to do this weekend on top of the rest of my list for this weekend, I would be stressed. As it is, well, still plenty to do, but it's manageable.

One of my errands this week was a follow-up to the $140 heated pet bed situation I mentioned recently, as in "I am not paying that much for a heated pet bed, no matter how nice it is, and even if the vet did say that Carlos was sitting as if he was cold and trying to conserve his heat and I should do something about it."

I had dinner with a friend after work on Tuesday, and afterward I went into a nearby Kohl's store, thinking that perhaps they would have an electric blanket, which I figured would be considerably less expensive, and might warm me as well as the kitty (since I've been having to use heated rice bags to get warm enough in bed a lot lately).

What I found instead was a half-off sale on a heated mattress pad, which struck me as an even better idea, since I wouldn't be trying to get it under the cat: if he was on the bed, it would be under him by definition. At $50, it still wasn't cheap, but since it's for both of us ... well, I got one. I put it on the bed Wednesday night, and wow, is it nice. So, soooo nice and toasty warm.

Carlos seems to like it, too. When I left for work yesterday, he was curled up on the bed instead of by the office window the way he usually is.

He's there now, and that's where I'm headed.

**********
I love the Hallelujah Chorus. It's simply beautiful music. And I find it charming when it crops up in the middle of everyday life like this:



When I first heard of flash mobs, I didn't understand the point. But the ones that bring beauty to life have my approval.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, you were trying to give me a chance to catch up, right? :)

    No comment on the 3-0 Bruins game!!!

    That heated mattress pad idea is genius. It was the top gift at my parents' house last Christmas (from Kohl's, too!)

    Somebody recently sent around a Hallelujah flash mob that happened at a landmark Philly department store, so I guess it's the season! Those are really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had a heated mattress pad for the past few years. We love it! And the whole 'heat rises' physics thing totally beats putting heat on top and expecting it to travel down to your chilled skin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the flash mob thingy. That was a beautiful bright spot that I really needed right now.

    ReplyDelete