Saturday, February 06, 2016

Snow, Meaning White and Anti-White

The snowstorm we got yesterday ended up bringing more than they had initially projected, which is always an unfortunate thing (if you are me, or like me about winter; I imagine skiers and the like were pleased). It snowed and snowed, all day, and I chose not to go out after work for planned errands, none of them being urgent.

I did manage to get this shot just before a truck went over the prints, proof that someone was out. Well, someone and his dog. Possibly bouncing like a bunny
This morning it was pretty. I'll grant you that.
I wasn't super excited by that, though, since I needed to get the snow off my car. Here is the "before" shot.
Significantly less pretty, isn't it? It was, by my estimate, about six inches of not-too-heavy snow on top of about two inches of cemented snow. Fortunately the weather today was not bitter cold, making it less miserable a task than it could have been. I made a first pass at it, leaving a messy mohawk:
Then, after I went down to the basement and dug out the good snow brush (haven't needed it since last year), I did the rest.
What's left is the stuff cemented on: I wanted to get down to that in the morning, since the sun reaches the car in the afternoon, and would loosen it up for me. Which is just what happened; I went out and with minimal effort got the rest off. Of course, "minimal effort" has left my arms, shoulders, and neck rather displeased with me, but a little knitting should loosen that up, right?

While it was snowing yesterday, I put this on Facebook:
And last night, I wound it.
I'm going to try it as shawl, and though I looked at a ton of patterns online, I decided to do the pattern I made for my grandmother two years ago, Annis (started here, progress here, finished here). It was quick but pleasant, and should show the colors of this nicely. We'll see! Off to start.

1 comment:

  1. I thought about you when I heard the weather for the New England area. Sorry you got hit with the white stuff. Again.

    ReplyDelete