Thursday, February 11, 2016

Here I Am, ish

I didn't mean to miss two successive days, but it seems that can happen when I don't have something on my mind to write about and also have plans in the evening. But here I am, not letting swimming and a major Target run tonight interfere. Or at least, not stop me completely.

A few updates:

  • I've looked though most of the stash, and haven't seen any other moth signs, so I am hopeful that the damage was contained to that one area. The yarn in question is still in the car, bagged and enjoying a deep freeze. At some point soon I will bring it in and let it thaw (still bagged), then put it back out to freeze anything that may have survived the first round. Then, sometime when I feel strong, I will de-bag and inspect the yarn, to see what can be saved. Sigh. I know it could be worse, but still, no fun.
  • Speaking of a deep freeze, it is miserably cold tonight. Very much can't-feel-my-face weather, and that's supposed to be worse this weekend. Ugh.
  • As for snow, after Monday's storm, I had about three inches to clear off the car Tuesday night. We've had a few flurries yesterday and today, but nothing to amount to much. Still, I am SO glad to have Florida coming right up. Winter takes it out of me, blizzards or no.
  • After my health upheavals on Sunday and Monday nights, I am feeling much better. Some periodic mild headaching, but nothing too bad.

So that's all to the good. As for the Bruins, who had their worst loss in years on Tuesday night (seriously: 9-2), they are currently up on Winnipeg 3-2 after one, but it has the feel of a game that could go either way. It started at 8, so there's no way I'll be awake for the end, and that may be a good thing. Unfortunately.

What about you? Anything good happening? What was the best thing about your day? Mine is ... Carlos cuddles, I would say.

2 comments:

  1. I have a big mug of cocoa, and a guinea pig perched on my shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's bitterly cold here (in Maryland) as well. I'm lucky that my husband is retired and can bring me in to work. Unfortunately I still have that 3 city block walk to the metro in the evening but it's usually a (tiny) bit warmer by then. Gah. I'll be glad when I can retire as well. So done with it.

    ReplyDelete