Friday, February 19, 2016

The Night Before

I've reached the "wondering what I'm forgetting" stage of packing. Not that I don't have a very detailed packing list, which I consult and cross things off, but ... still. This is who I am, in spite of the fact that:

  • The suitcase is packed with some clothing, the bath kit, and some other "things," the usual mix
  • The rolling carry-on is packed with the things I either don't want bouncing around (computer) or potentially getting lost (yellow blanket) in the suitcase, and the things I want/need to have in transit (snacks, toiletries, book, knitting)
  • The things I have left to do/pack/get in the morning are highlighted

Really, though, I'm about ready. Mary Ellen and her husband came over to get the keys, and see where things are kept for the care and maintenance of Carlos, and he was his usual friendly self, by which I mean he grudgingly allowed a scritch under his chin, then retreated to the other side of the bed where "you can't see me." The goober. Perhaps he will warm up once I'm gone, but I kind of doubt it.

So where am I now? Well, I ate something, and though it's not at all late, I am pretty tired, so I imagine I will be in bed early. My fingers will be crossed that the weather overnight does what they say it will, which is turn from snow to rain and not accumulate much. Just let my plane go when it should!

2 comments: