Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Night Already? Of Cat and Knit

I'm more and more convinced that I need to get another cat to be company for Carlos; I guess I'm to the point where I'll say, I'm going to get another cat. Carlos isn't desperate the way Harold was after Pan died, but I was out of the house today for two and a half hours, and he met me at the door, meowing, and wanted to sit down with me immediately and get attention. Since I can't be with him 24/7, it's time to get someone who can. Preferably a laid-back lap cat, definitely not another Miri [shudder], so careful selection is called for, but soon, soon. We have a vet appointment next Saturday anyway, for shots and the like, and I'll ask if they have any advice.

I was out knitting with friends, and cast on a new project, despite the many I have going and the many on my to-do-soon list. My grandmother isn't doing so well, and I wanted to send her a little knit hug (and as my aunt pointed out, might not want to wait until her birthday to do it). I chose the Annis shawl, a Knitty pattern, and as you start at the long edge, all I did in two hours of knitting was the cast on and the first row. But given that it's 363 stitches, that isn't bad! The cast-on edge did a cool swirl thing as it went on the needle:
So far, so good. The yarn, by the way, is Ella Rae Lace Merino, which I got at Webs last May.

While I'm feeling somewhat better, I still don't feel great; I amused a friend by saying that I look forward to getting back to my usual level of lethargy. I mean, it isn't the end of the world if I get behind on laundry, or don't clean up the kitchen today, but someday, these things will have to get done. Until the brownies come and do it for me, and how many years have I been waiting for that to happen? Perhaps I haven't been offering them the right food; I never do have porridge.

And, yeah, that's all I have right now. I hate the end of the weekend. Next weekend is a long one: yay!

1 comment:

  1. Leave some beer and you'll get Nac Mac Feegles. But, then again, that might not be a *good* thing.

    ReplyDelete