Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Quick Fast, Temps, Some Yarn Progress

I had to do a fasting blood test ahead of a doctor's appointment next month, and do you know how much I hate fasting? So much. In fact, I actually don't believe in it. There is no Santa Claus, there is no Easter Bunny, and there should be no fasting.

That said, I did it, of course. The doctor's office opens at 8:30, and I was there getting it over with, and stopped at Starbucks on my way to work for food, feed me, feed me. I would have brought a smoothie with me, but I was out of fruit; I need to get to the grocery store. I was thinking of going after work tonight, but I was feeling a bit off, somehow, and just wanted to come home and chill out. Probably unrelated to the brief fast, but still, I can blame it if I want to, right?

As long as I'm complaining, how about this weather, eh? Do you realize that Friday is May first? And the forecast for that day calls for a high of? 49.

49.

It's supposed to be 75 next Monday, and all I can say is, it had better be.

Oh, before I forget, I promised pictures of the yarn move in progress. They're crappy pictures, as Sunday was not bright enough to reach into the corner of the room, but anyway.

In the pictures last time, you could see most of the fingering-weight yarn, and some other yarns, in the bookcases I already had. I sorted those out, more or less by color, into the new cubes.
Then I started--started--sorting my other yarns by weight, temporarily in the bookcase until I can see how much I have of what. DK, sport, worsted...
Arans had been on the top shelf, but they had to move over when they outgrew it. A few bulky above.
... it's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment