Saturday, April 25, 2015

Not Bad, Overall

I was slightly hampered by an on-and-off, fairly mild headache today, but overall it didn't interfere with getting things done around the house (though it did keep me off the bike, but oh well). What things, you ask?

Well, adding six loads of laundry to the four I did last night means I am all caught up, at least until I get into my night-clothes. Sheets, towels, clothes, all done. Whew.

A few small things, like trimming the cats' claws, and clearing paperwork off the kitchen table. Which I needed to do so I could use it to photograph the recently completed bike socks:
And measure the sweater I'm knitting against a sweater I like the length of, to see how much longer I want it to be.
Answer: three inches, and it will be time to move to the next step. There will be sleeves!
Then, once the table was clear, I could use it for yarn staging:
That's some of it, anyway. I mentioned I was starting the yarn sort last night: I pulled out the lace-weight, of which I have very little, but I want it to be together. And now it is.
Tonight I went through much of the fingering/sock-weight, sorting it by color, and pulling out a few things that didn't really belong in that class. Tomorrow, all being equal, I'll keep on with that, and move on to heavier yarns, and will try to get some daylight pictures to show progress. Because progress is being made! And on an even slightly headachy day, that's such a good thing to be able to say.

1 comment:

  1. You really zip through those socks. You probably have that pattern memorized by now. I just love that picture of all your yarn. The colors are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete