Monday, April 06, 2015

Here I Am. Sort Of.

Oh, hey there.

Hope you had a nice weekend, whether you celebrate Easter, Passover, or neither (or, I suppose, both, theoretically). I got a lot accomplished Saturday, enough to leave me in an aching heap by Saturday night, watching incredulously as the Bruins had to go to a shoot-out to beat Toronto, of all teams. On the plus side, the Bruins did win it! Making them 4-9 for the season in shoot-outs, which is still pathetic. On the minus side, they put 50 shots on goal and only got 1 in, making the shoot-out necessary, which is also kind of pathetic. But anyway, with that win, and some nicely timed losses by teams near them in the standings yesterday, my team is now at 90% likelihood to make the playoffs. They don't play again until Wednesday, so we'll see where things stand then. Regular season ends this weekend.

Right, anyway, that was Saturday, when I could point to the bookcases all in the office, and the empty living room rug, as signs of accomplishment; Sunday, I unfortunately had a mild headache on and off, which impaired ... well, everything. I was able to go to the Easter dinner I was invited to, happily, and it was very nice, but my head started to act up again later, and the evening was a lot of laying around in a stupor (I went to lie down at one point, and felt as though a weighted blanket had been thrown over me, holding me down). I didn't feel great this morning either, but not bad enough to stay home from work. Just not working at full steam, but fortunately we're not in a high-pressure period at work, so I could just poke along as I could. And leave early.

A quiet, and early, night is called for.

No comments:

Post a Comment