Friday, April 10, 2015

At Least It's Friday

The Bruins recently had a 90% chance of making the playoffs. Today, it's 15%, and not only would they have to win their game tomorrow, they need certain other teams to lose.

I hope they don't make it. Enough already. Let me watch the playoffs in peace, not caring who wins; I'll still hope Montreal loses, out of reflex, but otherwise, whatever. No more stress.

It's not that I expect them to win every game, but man, they could be trying to. Watching them play well and lose can be frustrating, sure, but when they play like they aren't sure what the game is or what the rules are .... it's maddening.

*****
I was surprised recently when Massachusetts put a law in place requiring drivers to turn their headlights on if they used their windshield wipers, because I really thought that was already the law. Then, the Globe had this news snippet.
Two House Republicans want to repeal a new law that took effect this week requiring drivers to use their headlights in inclement weather when windshield wipers are also in use. Describing the mandate as “burdensome,” state Representatives James Lyons, of Andover, and Shaunna O’Connell, of Taunton, took issue with violations leading to tickets and surcharge points on a driver’s insurance. “Drivers of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts can be relied upon to use common sense when deciding if headlights are needed,” Lyons said in a statement. “And that’s what my bill does.” The law passed through the House and Senate late last year during lightly attended informal sessions. (State House News Service)
First of all, burdensome? Turning your headlights on? How is that a burden?

Second, common sense? Have either of these lawmakers ever driven in MA? They're called Massholes, folks, and they have no sense of any kind, except a sense of entitlement.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretending the whole Bruins thing isn't happening. (Seriously, what on Earth is WRONG with them?!)

    I was appalled that turning on headlights is considered burdensome too. And I also thought it was already the law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the law had gone into effect in January. I guess you can't just use parking lights either as the law mandates both head lights and tail lights be on. Since tail lights mostly have built in reflectors that seems slightly overkill. Of course, in some civilized countries, like Canada, the law is that the headlights come on automatically whenever the wipers are on.

    Burdensome - that makes me laugh. And saying that the drivers in the Commonwealth can be relied upon to use common sense? I don't know what rock that person is hiding under!

    ReplyDelete