Thursday, April 09, 2015

Of This and That, Then Off to Eat

I'm giving myself some kudos for not bitching about the weather last night, although that's partly because I was quick-blogging between getting home after 8 and watching the Bruins game, which was a disaster not worth losing sleep over, unfortunately, and what will they do tonight, god only knows. If it's like last night, I won't stay up for the third period.

But hey, snow and sleet yesterday, that was fun!

Not.

It's not like it built up, but still, super depressing. And it was cold and rainy and raw today. It's supposed to be 60 tomorrow, and over the weekend, before being in the 50s next week, which is still an improvement, but not really enough for me, I'm so demanding. Give me real spring, please, now.

*****
I've been reading an old series of books lately, the Patty series by Carolyn Wells, spurred by finding a couple at the used bookstore, then looking online to find that some are available that way (Project Gutenberg, etc). Patty is a young girl at the start, and later in the series it seems she will be getting married (based on the next-to-last title, Patty-Bride), and she is the beloved daughter of a rich man, adored by all who meet her, yet amusing and imperfect. They're incredibly dated, of course, but somehow soothing and enjoyable. Quick, light reads. Escapism.

I hit a snag, though: of the 17 books in the series, most are available online, or I have copies, but one fell in the gap and is neither. I found a copy on eBay and ordered it, and was much amused by the section of the confirmation email with suggestions of other items "To complement your purchase," which included "Breeding Thoroughbreds." Because of course.

*****
How did I get so hungry all of a sudden?

No comments:

Post a Comment