Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Looking Back 30 Years

In a rare work-night outing for me, I went to the movies last night, for the simple reason that I heard on Friday* that for the 30th anniversary of The Breakfast Club, they were showing it in theaters on March 26 and 31, and as it was "the" seminal high-school movie for me, I couldn't miss the opportunity to see it on the big screen. And it was great fun! I met a friend there, the theater was full, and everyone seemed to have a good time. I even managed not to say my favorite lines out loud, though I was sub-vocalizing more than once.
*Mind you, that was cutting it pretty close, and I can't believe I almost missed hearing about it, given that I am square in their target audience.

I couldn't help thinking, that morning, that my 30-years-younger self would have been horrified to know that acne would still be a problem for me.

I ran a few errands between work and the movie, and I noticed something a bit odd in a couple of receipts. I went into a grocery store to pick up cat treats, since when I got groceries last weekend Wegmans didn't carry the baby's preferred brand (Delectables). The receipt that Stop & Shop gave me, for this single item, was 13.5 inches long. Then, I went into Target in hopes that they would have my favorite coffee creamer, which I am having trouble finding anywhere else, and they did, yay, so I bought six bottles of it. Which, on the receipt, is like buying one item, but Target's receipt for this was 3.5 inches long. Quite a difference!

Anyway. It's already getting late, and since I lost sleep last night (not that I got home so late, but I was all wound up, so I didn't go to bed when I should have), I'll wrap up now. Some upcoming topics:
  • The Blue Apron update
  • Opening a box of memory clothes
  • Next up in sock yarns
Any other suggestions, questions, ideas? Ask away!

No comments:

Post a Comment