Saturday, March 23, 2013

This is What Hope Looks Like

I am far from alone in feeling that winter will never end here, that the snow will never stop, that warmth and light will never return. You know that it will, that it must, but then it snows again and it all seems impossible.

Today, in an attempt to remember what not-winter is like, I went to Wellesley College to visit their greenhouse, as I've done before. There's nothing like a good greenhouse to help you forget what's outside. The warmth, the humidity, the green, and the flowers, oh, the flowers, so beautiful and sweet-smelling and colorful. It was fantastic. I walked around beaming, taking pictures to help me remember. There's no snow in the forecast, and temperatures are supposed to get into the 50s next week, which is better than it has been, but first, I hold little faith in forecasts, and second, I'm afraid to believe. We've had snow in April before.

So here is all the pretty. I took A LOT of pictures, and I'm throwing them all up here, in case anyone else needs them as much as I do. Because wow, do I.

































































































































1 comment:

  1. Heh. You *are* desperate for spring, aren't you? All winter we've been threatened with snow and it has, without fail, bypassed us to the north and south. This last time, END OF WINTER, it actually snows here. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete