Monday, March 11, 2013

The Closest Stop is New York?!

I've been a Depeche Mode fan since about 1985, and for every tour since 1986, they've come to Massachusetts. They're touring again this year, which made me so happy, but the closest they're coming is Long Island? What the hell is this? Something is seriously wrong here. Only 19 dates in North America, and two are in New York, and five in California (two in LA alone), but none, not one in MA? Humph!

This has been such a Monday.
  • It started last night, when I could not get to sleep for the most maddening length of time, something like close to two hours; I even got up at one point to try to make my body think, "We are getting up ... and now we are going to sleep," but it didn't work. So frustrating! 
  • When the alarm went off, I decided to get up, use the bathroom, feed the cats, then lie down again for a little more sleep. On the way back to bed, I stepped in cat puke. By the time I cleaned up, I couldn't get back to sleep.
  • The shower was cold. Well, not completely cold, but not at all hot. Barely warm. Shudderingly cold. Didn't want to wet hair. Goosebumps. Washed face after getting out and wrapping up in a towel. (Checked with neighbor; she hadn't had the problem. She said she's had days when it wasn't as hot as usual, and I agree, so have I, but this was different. Will see how tomorrow goes before reporting it to property management.) 
  • Got to work and the server was full. Seriously, I have to tell the IT guy this every two to three weeks, and he unlocks more space. I don't know what they think we'd do with more space if we just had it. Hell of a way to run a railroad.
So I'm thinking you'll understand when I get into details about yesterday's fun tomorrow night, not tonight. I have stories, and pictures, and tonight it's not happening. I'm not going to last to the end of the Bruins game tonight, I can tell.

1 comment:

  1. I'd have to go to D.C. to see them. (On a Tuesday night in September!) Yeah, I'm thinking about it. I've seen them only once.

    A shower that isn't hot? Arrrgh! I hope that gets fixed for you--especially this week when a hot shower is especially helpful. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete