Sunday, February 07, 2010

A nice Sunday, in garden and hockey

Well, my goodness, the Bruins won today. What a surprise. It was already a good day, but there's icing on the cake for you.

It was a good day because I went on a little trek, out to Wellesley College to visit their greenhouses, and my word I enjoyed it. Warm and damp and the plants and flowers, ooh, lovely. I walked around smiling. Just what I needed in the middle of winter. I highly recommend it.

When the weather has given you a lot of this:


You need a place that gives you this:


And this:


And this:


Also these:


And these:


I loved these:


But most of all, this:


Being warm because you're sweating under five layers, while your face feels like frostbite, is just not the same as being warm.

A lot more photos are on Flickr. If I did it right, you can see the set by clicking here.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate P said...

What nice sights! Including the thermometer. (Can you tell I was digging the car out today?)

7:09 PM, February 07, 2010  
Blogger Kali said...

Flicker worked for me. Oh my goodness, what lovely views! I want to go there, too! I'll add it to my growing list...

p.s. porici is my verification word. These are getting to be really fun!

8:38 PM, February 07, 2010  
Blogger Leslie said...

Thank you for bringing the life affirming scent of warm, damp earth to my nose. The photos are lovely, the flicr thing really works :)

10:03 AM, February 08, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home