Sunday, February 07, 2010

A nice Sunday, in garden and hockey

Well, my goodness, the Bruins won today. What a surprise. It was already a good day, but there's icing on the cake for you.

It was a good day because I went on a little trek, out to Wellesley College to visit their greenhouses, and my word I enjoyed it. Warm and damp and the plants and flowers, ooh, lovely. I walked around smiling. Just what I needed in the middle of winter. I highly recommend it.

When the weather has given you a lot of this:


You need a place that gives you this:


And this:


And this:


Also these:


And these:


I loved these:


But most of all, this:


Being warm because you're sweating under five layers, while your face feels like frostbite, is just not the same as being warm.

A lot more photos are on Flickr. If I did it right, you can see the set by clicking here.

3 comments:

  1. What nice sights! Including the thermometer. (Can you tell I was digging the car out today?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flicker worked for me. Oh my goodness, what lovely views! I want to go there, too! I'll add it to my growing list...

    p.s. porici is my verification word. These are getting to be really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for bringing the life affirming scent of warm, damp earth to my nose. The photos are lovely, the flicr thing really works :)

    ReplyDelete