Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Inadvertant Day Off

Yup. That. Or, more specifically, this.
I didn't bring a ruler out, but it was close to a foot of wet snow on top of my car. That was fun. Which reminds me, time for more ibuprofen. Excuse me for a moment.

OK, I'm back. In this next photo, you can see the result of my first foray into shoveling, and you may also be able to see the wet snow at the end of the driveway that led me to choose not to try to leave the house today. That had "stuck" written all over it.
After I took another stab at the car this afternoon, the plow guys came by again and took a swipe at the driveway end, so I could probably have left at that point.
But it was sleeting and then snowing, and going to that much trouble for only a couple of hours of work time did not appeal. Sue me.

Before dark, I took one last picture of the car.
Only a little more. Just enough to be unpleasant in the morning, but whatever.

The day wasn't a total loss. I got to here:
Then finished the sock and started the second.

And at least someone is fond of a good snow day:
That's right, two-legger. Just keep scritching. I'll let you know when to stop.

2 comments:

  1. Is Carlos controlling the weather to keep you home? Hmmmm. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finnegan was happy because not only was I home (cramps and migraine, ugh) but Jeff got to work from home! Everyone was where they were supposed to be all day!!

    ReplyDelete