Friday, March 22, 2013

Happy Friday Thoughts

My main Happy Friday Thought is, it's Friday!

*****
Last night, I thought about riding the bike, or more accurately, I thought about not riding the bike; my internal conversation was something like this:

I don't want to.
Oh, really? When do you ever want to? That attitude knits no socks!
I know... and I do want those socks...
Yeah, you bought that yarn almost two years ago! Beautiful Tanis yarn with a touch of cashmere! Won't they feel nice on your feet? You know, when you've finished them?

And then I got on the bike. Who says knitting is sedentary?

OK, it usually is. But not always!

*****
A friend sent me a link to this cat-related story through Facebook, and I made the mistake of reading it while I was eating. I almost choked from laughing! This guy really studied cats, and I love his way with words. Some of the Games Kittens Play?
  • Smack You in the Face
  • Stair Wars
  • Holy Shit, I have a Tail
Favorite quotes:
  • The objective [of Stair Wars] isn’t always clear. Sometimes it’s to reach the bottom of the stairs in one piece, or at least in a manner that suggests you intended to be there. Other times, it’s to be the cat that arrives there the most correctly oriented (paws down, back up, tail and face pointing in different directions).
  • Like all the best games, the rules of Small Things are easy to learn, but take a long time to master.  
  • This means jumping on it repeatedly and rapidly, sometimes so rapidly that you haven’t actually finished the last jump before you commence the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment