Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Better and Worse and Better

I felt a bit better last night, and was sure that I would wake up feeling reasonably human, and be able to go to work today. Not so much! Reasonable humans do not feel like their throats are full of knives when they swallow, or start deep hacking coughs when they are lying still in bed, barely breathing. Another sick day! The good news, if you can call it that, is that I felt bad enough that there was no question, and no second-guessing necessary. Nope, No Way, Back to Bed.

Well, really the good news is that I do feel less wholly crappy than I did yesterday, though I honestly do appreciate when the health status is unquestionable. I mean, I would have preferred "unquestionably better and able to work," but "unquestionably rotten and don't even feel guilty about it" is better than that in-between, I should go, really I should go nonsense. Anyway, achievements today included showering (man, did that feel good), and actually leaving the house! Driving! Whoa. I had to, because there's supposed to be snow starting tomorrow, and you know, one has to lay in supplies, particularly when one has been in and sick for several days. What sort of supplies, you ask? Well, the first stop was the bookstore (new Patricia Briggs!), and the next stop was the library (overdue return, holds to pick up), before the more conventional grocery store stop. Chiropractor next, and I picked up a pizza on the way home--my appetite is coming back to normal! I didn't eat as much as I normally would, but it was delicious.

Now, mind you, these few errands have me exhausted, but even so, I'm not as exhausted as I've been the last few days of doing nothing at all. So I'll take it easy tonight, and hopefully be able to get to work tomorrow.

In time to deal with snow. Sigh. Once the calendar switched to March, I started reading all these things about how spring is so close, now! And I just want to say, Whatever. Think so, if it helps you; it doesn't help me.

Have you ever sneezed yourself into a coughing fit? Ow....

One thing I've learned about myself, by the way? Apparently I talk to myself, out loud, all the time. Who knew? (Well, Carlos, clearly.) The things you learn when you can't talk without pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment