Saturday, October 27, 2012

Stormy Weather

A while back, I signed up with Boston.com to receive "Breaking News" alerts in my e-mail, and in retrospect I ought to have started counting from the beginning how many of what they consider important enough to be an alert related to the Red Sox (general answer: a lot). Today's alert had me laughing, though. Here's the subject line of the e-mail:
Now, if you didn't know that the governor's name is Deval Patrick, and that the mega-storm bearing down on the state is named Sandy, wouldn't that be funny?

Then, after laughing and copying that for the blog, I went to read the story, since it is actually news that might affect me. And I had to laugh again at this part, where you have to understand that the "she" in the line is a National Weather Service meteorologist:
This combination of forces has prompted some to dub the hurricane “Frankenstorm.” That is not a term that the National Weather Service endorses, she said.
No! You don't say! They don't officially call it Frankenstorm? And yet they give it the oh-so-threatening name "Sandy"? No sense of humor, I tell you.

I'm hoping to be back here finishing up my Rhinebeck story later tonight or tomorrow, but for now, the laundry is too loud to ignore. If we do lose power, I'd better have clean clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment