Thursday, October 25, 2012

In (from dinner) and Out (to watch hockey on TV)

News in the world of book publishing today is that Penguin and Random House are discussing a merger. Since I no longer work in a book-related field, this doesn't have a huge impact on me, but I bring it up because it led to this chunk of awesomeness from author John Scalzi (via BoingBoing):

YES! PLEASE! I would like to order a book from Random Penguin, please.

Now, I have an update from Tuesday night. I signed off that night to go watch the Bruins rerun on TV, and before bedtime, I was ready to take back the nice things I'd said about NESN. I turned on the TV at 7 to see my hockey panacea, and they were doing a "special" NESN Daily because the Red Sox announced their new manager. Maybe, I said to myself, they'll just delay the hockey for half an hour for this ... but no, at 8:30 it was still going on. Actually, I think they were re-running the same 30 minutes of programming over and over, since when I checked back on the half-hours, each intro was very like the last, but I may not be right on that. All the same, it was rather a crushing blow. Hit a fan when she's down, why don't you? But tonight, there's a game on after all, so Carlos and I are off to watch that. Later, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment