Thursday, September 13, 2012

Not Shoes and Ships: Yarns and Books

I chose the yarn for the next socks at last, after much picking up and putting down: the red that I got at Belfast Mini-Mills in PEI last summer.
Barely started, but one has to have purse knitting, you know. So that's set. The Christmas knitting is moving along nicely, too; if I know you on Ravelry, it's not for you, and you can see what it is there!

The weather has turned autumnal in the last week or two, reaching decent heights during the day but getting electric-blanket-cool at night (or in this house, electric mattress pad cool). It was lovely out yesterday, and I was anticipating a pleasant half hour after lunch, in the sun. But about a minute after I sat down, I waved a mosquito off my arm (if by "waved" you understand that I mean "tried to swat but missed"), and then no more than a minute later, I killed one* on my sleeve. That was enough, and I went back inside. Humph. Just because I have the zapper doesn't mean I want to need it!
*Possibly the same one, of course; I couldn't tell.

I recently picked up a book that I requested from the library, and as is the case with many of my requests, did not remember where I had read about it or why I decided to request it. I don't request that many romances, either, since while I don't mind reading romances I find that a startling number of them are not that well written, and this was a romance, albeit one with a magical and historical angle. Would this be another that I start, close, and return unfinished?

Well, I haven't really started it yet, but I suspect I'll finish it. Here is the first sentence:
Yes, I think I might like this one! I'll let you know how it goes. (It's called A Lady and Her Magic, by Tammy Falkner, if you can't wait for the report.)

Now what shall I do with my before-bed time tonight? Read? Doctor Who and knitting? Or something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment