Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The (Most Likely) Final Word (At Length) on PEI 2011

Well, it's about time to wrap this up, isn't it? Home for more than a week, looking ahead to Apple Festival and Rhinebeck, it's time to put the period on this tale.

We left PEI Saturday morning, made a sadly unsuccessful stop in New Brunswick for sticky buns (would you believe the shop was closed again*? neither did the dozen cars that pulled up while we were there, looking at the map), and drove on without problems. By mid-afternoon, we were waiting to cross the border.

*On the drive up, it was for being Sunday; this time, it was apparently for the holiday weekend. Humph! See if I come back before 2013!


Which is at St. Stephen, which if you didn't know has Bruins ties. Of course.

We spent the night in Maine, had a shorter drive Sunday (surprised to notice a few leaves changing, already, and more than had been just a week earlier), and finally returned to this guy:

LinkHe consoled me for the end of the trip.

Further consolation is to be found in the t-shirt I bought at Cows, which if you're not a hockey fan, or Canadian, can be somewhat explained here. (Or watch something like this, or anything on YouTube under Coach's Corner.)


And the quasi-NHL logo on the back:

I also, naturally, bought plenty of non-American chocolate:

(The Crunchies are my favorite, if you want the report, though I also like the Coffee Crisp quite a lot. The Malteasers are fine, the Caramilk are fine, just nothing to go out of my way for. The chocolate caramels were delicious, almost more a brown sugar than caramel flavor but that doesn't bother me.)

Oh, and what else did I buy? Hmmm. I know--yarn!

Make that: YARN.


I had so much fun. And I brought it to stitch and bitch last night to share the yum. Also, I kind of want to bring a skein to work, to squeeze when I get stressed. I haven't yet decided if I want to look quite that crazy at a relatively new job, though.

Anyway, details!

This is the yarn I bought on Monday, from Stanley Pottery's yarn sideline. It's blue-faced Leicester!


It feels wonderful in the hand. No idea what it wants to be when it grows up.

Also on Monday, at a rather small, very full store called North Shore Island Traditions, which I'd read about in the tour book, I bought some Fleece Artist (which is at least Canadian, though from Nova Scotia rather than PEI). See the socks-to-be!


Tuesday was the day we went to Belfast Mini Mills, where I got two skeins each of these two; blue, don't know what it will be:


And red, socks-to-be:

Then on Friday, we stopped at a chance-met alpaca and quilt shop in Brudnell, where I got this lovely alpaca (two skeins, socks again):


And this, which I think of as a mystery skein.


It's not the most professional label, but it's soft, it's lovely, and it will tell me what it wants to be, some day.


That's most all of what I bought. I'll have to take pictures of the last few things to show you (sweatshirt, shell ball, preserves, soaps) another time. For now, we're up to date, and the furball is trying to herd me to bed, so I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment