Saturday, September 08, 2012

Just Your Average Saturday, with berries and tornadoes

Not that I've actually seen a tornado today, thankfully. But the weather has been rather threatening, and I was wondering if rain was really coming, so I checked the forecast online, and in the Special Weather Statement, after the bit about thunderstorms, I ran across this gem:
THERE IS A MUCH LOWER CHANCE OF TORNADOES... BUT IT IS A CHANCE WORTH MENTIONING.
So that's reassuring. How fortunate that I went raspberry-picking earlier, before that one came up to scare me off.

And, to cut right to the chase, I did not get bitten by mosquitoes this week. I attribute this to my preparation, which was twofold.
On the left, the bug "spray" wipes I picked up this week, and used today. On the right, the bug-zapper that I ordered this week. Naturally, because it arrived today, I got no bites to test it on. Not that I wanted them ... but I'm pretty sure that's why I didn't get bitten. Which actually is fine by me. No bites, more raspberries ... win-win.

And this time I put my camera in my pocket! The field, with berries foreground, and background to the left and right:
Lots of berries. Some over-ripe, some ripe, plenty yet to ripen.
It's art: Sunlight Through Raspberry
They have lots of flowers, too. It's just pretty all around.

I picked for about 45 minutes, ending up with this:
Which made for this:
About the same as last week, almost eight-tenths of a pound. Of pure yum. About half gone already.

Also seen today, the current title-holder of world's cutest sleeper. Doing the wave.
See?
 Fast asleep. Didn't even stir. Can be this cute in his sleep, literally.

1 comment:

  1. Bug-free sounds good to me. And those berries look delicious!

    I don't think I noticed Carlos's "big mitts" before these photos. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete