Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Yarn!

Yarn, yarn, yarn! Sweaters are yarn! Yarn is yarn.

Whew. Deeeeep breath. Here's a picture of almost everything from my Webs trip yesterday:

"Almost" because it doesn't include the pin that I immediately put on my sock project bag:

And also because when I took that picture, I forgot that I put the bunny-tail yarn into the bag with the bunny blanket.

Bunny tails! Can't wait to start playing with bunny tails!

A few less exciting things, to get them out of the way. Some (unscented, thank you) Eucalan, which is supposed to be a good wool wash, and some large locking stitch markers, to replace the paper clips I've been using as stitch holders when I turn sock heels (as seen here, for example), which I worried were scratching my needles with the rough ends. No more!

Of course, I had to get the drug of choice:

Isn't it pretty?

And not only is this a nice blue:

But it's corn! I have to knit with corn! Machine-washable corn, yet.
My friend says it's very nice to knit with; I must know.

Now, with a baby on the way (to my cousin), a few things jumped in the cart. A sweater pattern I've been wanting to try, with yarn and needles:

Splurge needles; they're lovely.

Pretty colors for baby knitting, right?

And this, though I don't know exactly what it will be. Hat, booties?

Nice color, machine wash, shape(s) to be determined.

Now this stuff is for me, probably a hat. Remember how I said I carried a ball of yarn around Webs while I thought about it?

Yeah. You go on and put the baby alpaca and silk back down. Go ahead, I dare you. You can't, can you? It's too soft.


I love those colors. And though this is also green and blue, I must say that I found it in the ultra-markdowns. It's nice, soft but sturdy, workable yarn, in colors I like, and just because the labels got lost?

Two dollars each. That is a hell of a bargain.

You may have remembered, when I showed the skein of Socks That Rock above, how I planned to buy two skeins. Perhaps you thought that I restrained myself, given all this other yarn I'm showing you.

Ha! Were you aware that Blue Moon, the makers of the lovely STR, also makes yarn of blue faced leicester?

They do! BFL! I love it!

And this time I got blue BFL, not red or sunset colored.

All right, I know that was a lot. That's it for Webs, though! And not as much as last year. Honest. Plus, given that for a while, it seemed that everything I touched and love-love-loved had cashmere in it--some serious cashmere magnetism going on--I may have gotten off lightly.

I also promised pictures of the haul from the Salvation Army. Boring first: the shirt I wore yesterday, behind the shirt I bought yesterday. Twinsies!

Now, for yarn! This is the first I picked up. It's so soft!

The color is somewhere between the two photos. It's acrylic, but will be fun to play with.

This one, now? Nice, hearty, but not too rough.
And look at its bona fides.


The color on this one washed out; it's a light blue, but not that light.
More like this color, and yes, it's more wool. Mmmm.

This may be the prize, however.
It does have a wee hole.
But, did I mention, cashmere magnetism? Come ON.
A sweater's worth of cashmere at Salvation Army prices? Sold.

And thus endeth the Day of Crazy, Western Mass edition. See why I was tired?

4 comments:

  1. So...
    much...
    pretty.
    And it all felt so nice. swoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock. I am in jealous awe over your purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man. All I can say is, "Score!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh, can't WAIT to see them "in action"!!

    L,

    JLK

    ReplyDelete