Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's Random Photo Night!

Today was, I guess, better than yesterday, though nothing extraordinarily wonderful or anything. I had a haircut today; my last appointment was before the layoff, so I got to spread that cheery news. Having finished knitting the scarf, I'm back to the baby surprise jacket, which is going well. I've had a slight headache most of the day. And I'm hoping the Bruins can win tonight for me.

In other words, how would you like some random photos? Because that's what I've got.

My stitch and bitch group has been meeting in the same place for a few years, and we have them well trained (our regular table, separate checks, and the like). How well, I didn't realize until recently, when I noticed the table "number" on my check:
Knit 1, that's me! (The others that night were KNIT2 and KNIT3. If we ever see a PURL1, I'll know we've really Stepforded them.)

If you haven't seen the new kids picture book Extra Yarn, you need to. It's adorable, and really funny.
At one point many years ago, I was knitting something large and bright yellow, and since most people couldn't understand knitting just to be knitting, I told them I was building a skyscraper cozy. A sweater for a pickup truck might have been a better answer.

A pretty tasty little snack. Caramel, chocolate, and pretzels? Might as well have my name on the box.

A friend complimented my cords, and that night I looked at the label to see what brand they are. The line is from JC Penney, but what cracked me up is the bottom line.
Secretly slender? Who exactly are we keeping it a secret from?

My TJs hyacinth is blooming and smelling nice. Soon it will doubtless keel over, and then who wants a bulb? But until then, I'll be enjoying the scent wafting around.


My mother handed down her engagement ring when I was there a few weeks back. Isn't it pretty? The story has it that when my father (whose family is Jewish) chose it for her, the jeweler looked at it and said to him, "She isn't Jewish, is she?"
It may not be a Rock, but I think it's really pretty. Unfortunately for me, it's a little too small to fit me comfortably (as you can see, even on my pinky). But I'm happy to have it, anyway, you know? I'm the sentimental sort.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a beautiful ring, and all the more valuable with the sentiment and the story!

    So. . . CCR found CC&P snack bars? Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to comment on your last two posts but have been struggling with classwork (which is no longer behind...for this week anyway....)But hugs to you and your friend and props on your fast knitting.

    I love, love, love the ring. What a beautiful, thoughtful token of love. It is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can always get that (gorgeous) ring resized. I have my grandmother's engagement/wedding ring and had to have it resized to fit me.

    ReplyDelete