Friday, December 02, 2011

What a Supremely Rotten Day

Let me start off by saying I'm home, didn't have to work late, and it's Friday, thus weekend. Ahhhh.

Now: what a terrible, awful, no-good, very bad day.

funny pictures - today  not mess <span class=

Ironically, I woke up in a pretty good mood this morning. I don't mean that I sprang out of bed singing, but I was pretty happy. Yesterday was pretty good, my evening went well, I slept well, and just Friday between me and the weekend. Even though it was cold, it was sunny, and I was pretty cheerful for a work day.

Then I got to work and found an e-mail from my boss (working at home today), detailing what I missed and/or did wrong on a piece yesterday, and all the air went out of my balloon.

It was a long e-mail.

I felt like an idiot. It kicked the legs out of any confidence I had built in the job I was doing, and well, basically it sucked and ruined my morning. Lunch time, away from the desk with reading and knitting, helped a bit, but then I had one of those are-you-serious projects for hours this afternoon, and only started to feel better once it was wrapped up. Not having to work late was a very pleasant surprise, and now I feel a bit better, and I have the weekend to not think about Monday. I will overcome!

Still. Rotten day.

1 comment:

  1. And today's Advent chocolate was??

    Sorry you had a crappy day but we all make mistakes occasionally. I'm sure your boss was thorough in enumerating the problems because it was so unlike you she was shocked.

    ReplyDelete