Monday, December 05, 2011

Better, but not all better

I didn't go to work today. I'm feeling better than yesterday, but still not good. I have a firm rule that if standing up long enough to shower sounds like an unreachable goal, I should not be driving a car, let alone working. And since after letting my boss know, I went back to sleep this morning and slept for a few more hours, got up only to lie on the couch watching TV for a few hours, then went back to bed and slept for two more hours, I think we can say that I made the right decision. My head is uncomfortable, my stomach is unsettled, and it feels like someone has been sneaking in while I sleep to cudgel my shoulders and upper back. Ow.

It hasn't been the most fun day (or couple of days), kitty-cuddling to the contrary notwithstanding, and I hope to feel better soon. I hate missing stitch and bitch, but I'm not going out. Maybe I'll summon the energy to knit a bit while watching the Bruins play. Since I have yet to summon the energy to go downstairs for the mail or the newspaper (on opposite sides of the building, so that's two trips), well, may not happen. We'll see.

My weekend really got derailed from this bout; the kitchen is a mess and the laundry isn't done. Plus, there's a distinct lack of Christmas tree, something I was thinking of taking care of on Sunday. Mayhap next Sunday (I have plans on Saturday). I don't want to do it after work, since I think daylight is a better idea for tree shopping if at all possible. Again, we'll see.

Happily, I did get something semi-big and Christmassy done on Saturday before succumbing. I can't say too much without giving it away, but I was trying to do something on a website I hadn't used before, and while it seemed good and full of cool tools, I just wasn't making progress, though I couldn't see a reason why. Last week I decided to try the same thing on a similar website that I have used before, and it moved so much more smoothly! The weird thing is that I still can't point to exactly why the first one was bad and the second was better. You can't argue with results, though: several weeks of not getting there, versus two evenings and part of Saturday, and boom, done. Phew.

Now, I've missed a few days of Harbor Sweets chocolates updates from the advent calendar! We can't have that. I told you that Thursday was Sand Dollars, yum. Friday was Sweet Sloops, only my favorite, and part of making my evening better than the day. Saturday was Sweet Shells, and are you starting to feel as though they like the letter S best of all? Me, too. Sunday was Harbor Lights, and though my stomach wasn't up to them, I had one today and mmm. And today was a Barque Sarah day. There! All caught up on chocolatey goodness.

And I think that's all the excitement I can handle for now.

1 comment:

  1. You might consider that you're suffering from a migrane *and* a seasonal bug. Awful to think of I know.

    ReplyDelete