Thursday, December 01, 2011

From Yesterday to Today: Improvement

For a brief period last night, I thought the evening was going to go bad. I was working on fixing an error in a secret knitting project and it wasn't going smoothly, I had tried to use the baby laptop for something while watching TV and that didn't work well, and the Bruins were losing.

However! With patience, I got the knitting straightened out. I reworked my plan for the computer task and pushed it to tonight, when I can be in the office on the real computer. And the Bruins won! Not the best game they ever played, but they wrapped up November nicely. The last month they played without a regulation loss was in my lifetime, but January of 1969 is a long time ago.

*****
Leslie picked up yesterday's hint correctly: If it's December, it's time once again for the Harbor Sweets advent calendar. Mmmm! Today was a Sand Dollar (or two, actually, since Mum believes in giving enough to share, bless her). Mmm, caramel...

No one spoke up on the other tease I had in yesterday's post: "The alphabet? All of it?" Doonesbury, anyone? My brother and I read the books growing up, and memorized some parts, such as:
  • I'm a reasonable man, MacArthur, so I know this can't be snow. (Pay it no mind, Excellency, it never sticks.)
  • Okay, in Mellowspeak, that would be, "Oh, wow, look at the moon."
  • Dear Russkies, Back off or else. Love, Zonker. (Mixed messages, Zonk. That's why we're in trouble in the first place.)
Ah, memories. Those are typed straight from memory, and I bet they're close to 100% accurate, too.

Now I'd better go back to my project.

What is it? Well...

funny pictures - I <span class=

Better not ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment