Friday, December 16, 2011

Fatigued Friday, aka What a Day

What a way to start the day, or, how I ended up with a large bandage on my foot
The alarm went off at 6 as usual, and as usual I hit the snooze and drifted back into a light sleep. The cats jumped down; some days one or both stay in bed until I get up, but not today. I was vaguely aware of the noises of the morning, mostly traffic, with increased cat volume. Then there was a thunder of hooves (when I was younger we used to say our cats sounded like a herd of elephants on the stairs), one of them chased the other up onto the bed, and the cat in the lead landed, full throttle, on my bare foot.

*OW!*

I shot upright, yelling, and cats fled. Even after the initial shock wore off, there was pain, and when I got my glasses on, I could see why: a two-inch long bloody scratch on my instep, with a smaller, also bloody scratch on the ankle bone. (Yes, opposite sides of the foot; not sure how they managed that.) I had to bandage them just so I could walk around without leaving a blood trail.

How I hoped that would be the low point of the day. But remember how Wednesday was crazy-busy at work? Thursday was much the same, and today? Oh hi, I working late. (As did other people the last two days; I don't want to sound like this pity-party is just for one.)

There is some good news, though, a silver lining to the dreck. A few of us had a small cookie exchange at work today, so I had some yummies to snack on as time ticked by. So that's something.

As is the pizza I picked after I left (at 8, for pete's sake).

And then I came home and stepped in cat vomit. So I'm going to bed now. I am done with this day, d-u-n done.

But first, I have a favor to ask, and there's a reward for thinking about it. We're having a pot luck lunch at work on Tuesday, and I have to bring in a main dish or a side. There's no oven at work (except the toaster oven, and microwaves), so I'm trying to think of something that doesn't need to be served hot. The perfect solution is the bell-pepper salsa I love, but I don't have time to make it. I don't mind buying something, but what? Simple to make or easy to buy, cool or room temp? Oh, and one person is no-dairy, so that would be ideal. Anyone?

Oh, and your reward? Well, it's a video, nothing new about that here, right? Even flash mob videos have been posted here, and even yet Christmas flash mob videos. However, this is still a first, for it is a Christmas flash mob directed by Darth Vader video. Yes, really. In a Santa hat, even. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, sorry to hear about the feline foot attack, working late, and more feline mayhem.

    I don't know how long you will have the food out, but this non-dairy person likes hummus and seasoned crackers or veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you plug in a crockpot....

    ReplyDelete