Thursday, October 27, 2011

Yes, Actually, I AM Going to Tell You About My Dreams

(Quickly, between periods, and yes I've heard that other people's dreams are boring to hear about, but it's my blog and I'll write about my dreams if I want to.)

I had a tremendously scary dream last night, the kind where you don't really want to go back to sleep after. I think, actually, that the whole dream was creepy, but it was the end, featuring unseen but wiggly things in a bed, that tipped it over the edge. I went into a sort of hotel room*, very small and mostly bed, and could see a mysterious package on the bed, and then realized that there were small lumps under the covers, moving. Large insect or small mammal size? I stared at them for a moment, and at the large box that I couldn't see into, then said, "I have to get out of this room," and stepped out the door. I pulled the door mostly closed behind me, but not latched**, stopped, and said, "Wait, think this through first."*** But as I stood there, I could see a wave of creeping shadows flow to the rooms on either side, and when screaming started I slammed the door shut and woke up. In, you know, a bed. Unsurprisingly.

*And for once in the long-corridor-of-rooms type of dream, I found the room number I was looking for relatively easily.
**Partly because there was a bra hanging on the handle, something I do in real life (what, I live alone, who does it bother?) but had not done in the dream.
***Which cracks me up, actually. "Wait, think this through first"? Like there was a good way to handle this if I used logic?


It was 4 AM. I got up, went to the bathroom, fed the cats*, got back in bed, and stayed awake waiting for Carlos to come back to bed, as I wasn't going to close my eyes without the furry comforter nearby. Thankfully, when he did and I fell back asleep, the dream did not return.

*I'd rather not feed the cats in the middle of the night, but it prevents my precious last hours of sleep being disturbed by Miri's power-purr. "You like me! PURR! You want to feed me! PURR!"

In another dream, which was also somewhat creepy and where I was, at one point, the Bad Guy being taunted by a former victim for my neurotic fear of anyone having their hands in their mouth, a camel was standing off to one side for no reason. I think that part came from a little stash-diving I did last night. Why yes, I do have camel yarn in my stash; doesn't everyone?

Now, if you will forgive the all-caps, I will quote from tonight's weather.com's Special Weather Statement:

... RAIN CHANGING TO SNOW ACROSS MUCH OF INTERIOR SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND...
RAIN HAS OR IS IN THE PROCESS OF CHANGING TO SNOW ACROSS MUCH OF INTERIOR SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND THIS EVENING. ACROSS THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF NORTH CENTRAL AND NORTHWEST MASSACHUSETTS AS WELL AS SOUTHWEST NEW HAMPSHIRE... ONE TO THREE INCHES OF SNOW WILL FALL. THE SNOW MAY ACCUMULATE UP TO AN INCH ON GRASSY SURFACES ACROSS MUCH OF THE REST OF INTERIOR SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND NORTH AND WEST OF THE I95 CORRIDOR.

That's them shouting, not me, but would you forgive me if I was shouting? Snow in October! It's disgusting. Even if I am in the coating/dusting area (inside 128, or what they're calling "the I95 corridor"), currently just a few feet from the "icy mix" line according to the map, I disapprove.

Though I do want the freeze, to kill allergens. But man, it's cold! (Sure, I'm contradictory. Who isn't?)

Finally, tonight's game so far. I was listening to the first period in the car (a few people from work went out to a local pub after work [mmm, potato skins]), and having heard this play, I had to find video online when I got home. (Of course it's already there.)



Awesome! The Canadiens win the faceoff and put it in their own net for us. Bergeron broke his stick and fell on his face, and gets credited with the goal. I love it! It's the sort of play that super-sucks if your team makes it, and is delightful when it's the opposition.

In the second period, I got to see a crazy fight between PK Subban and Brad Marchard, which had the Bruins agitator chirping and swinging while Subban spent some time shoving at him, holding him by the shoulders and trying to tip him over. Didn't work! I have to go see what the third period holds. Should be entertaining!

2 comments:

  1. Scary lumps in your bed!? Yikes! That would be a nightmare. I hate crawly things. (BTW the 4 a.m. purr attack for breakfast? Been there. Many times. Last Tuesday.)

    We are supposed to have rain mixing with a little wet snow Saturday afternoon. (1) I'll believe it when I see it; (2) I'm sorry that means you will get worse! I hope you have your emergency french toast supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of those weird people that love to hear other people's dreams. Might stem in part from an old sci-fi tale I read where people from everywhere had a shared dream and then had to decide which reality to accept. I'm always curious to see if I've had a shared dream with someone.

    Fortunately, I've not had one like THAT! Truly creepy.

    ReplyDelete