Saturday, October 29, 2011

Satisfying Saturday, with cat

It's odd to look at the weather map and see the entire state of Massachusetts covered by precipitation. For that matter, all of Rhode Island and Connecticut are covered too, and quite a lot of the surrounding states. Here it's been heavy rain all afternoon, and though the icy-mix line on the weather map is shown as creeping this way, but not yet here, I'm starting to see solid stuff out there. And you know what that means: it's time to stop looking out the windows. Darkness is my friend in denial.

It hasn't been such a bad day, though. Slept in, which always makes me happy. A few hours on the couch with Carlos on my lap always improve my mood. I had my camera at hand, and got several paw shots. He likes to keep a paw on my hand.


 Or two.

Or four. Well, two in, two on.

Makes us both happy, works out well.

After a while he turned the other way so he could lean on the couch. So hard to decide which way to go.


I had some crochet hooks out at one point, and was struck by the variety of sizes.


I haven't used the tiny ones; virtually my entire crochet hook collection is from my grandmother, who passes these things down as she runs across them. Some of them were from her mother. I can't imagine using the ones whose hooks are barely visible to the naked eye. That would be for thread, not yarn. Even lace-weight would be a challenge with those babies.

Amusingly, some of them show their age, though only in a good way:

I mean, I doubt you can get a good quality hook for a dime these days. What's more, I'm sure they don't stamp the prices on the sides, either. So hard to raise prices when you do.

I'm working on laundry now, and while that isn't fun, getting it done on Saturday is satisfying. Leaves tomorrow a little less pressured that way.

So yeah, it hasn't been such a bad day. As long as the Bruins don't spoil my mood, I'll give the day two thumbs up. Now I think I'll go knit something.

No comments:

Post a Comment