Sunday, October 02, 2011

Cat and Yarn and Chocolate, Mainly

Today has been a good day for hanging out with my buddy here. It's as if he knows I'll be away two weekends running, and wants to store up some snuggles and laps for the drought.

Not that I mind.


Though after 2-3 hours on the couch this afternoon, my bladder forced me to rouse him. The spirit is willing...

Meanwhile, I mentioned yesterday that I got some early birthday celebrating in, and it was wonderful. If you can plan a birthday right after a very good friend is going to be in Ireland, you too may end up with such wonders as real Irish yarn!


It's 200 grams, by the barely visible label, and has an authentic feel and even slight sheepy smell, which makes me imagine the creature in its field, growing its fleece away for me.


This lovely, on the other hand, has no label at all, and while I can weigh it myself, its yardage will remain a mystery. Fun!



It's a deeper blue than the photo shows, and flecked with color. Delightful! I don't know what either will be, but in due course you'll see these again.

Now, any good friend can bring chocolate, and other than when weird things like chilis enter the mix, most all is welcomed by me.


A true friend, though, one who really knows you, can hit the center of the target. See these? Minstrels, of course, are what M&Ms dream of being when they get to heaven. And go close up on the other two:


Honeycomb! And butterscotch! Mmmm, mmm.


Wouldn't it be such fun to work for a company that purveyed happiness?

Finally, this lovely will hang where I can see it, since I don't wear jewelry every day, but love to have it and look at it.


I promise, I will wear it, too!

Picassa and Blogger are having a difference of opinion on when this photo is right side up. I know this isn't it, but this is an argument I can't win. Still, isn't it a funny name for a necklace style, a donut? Yet who can argue?


I've frittered the day away most pleasantly, if not so productively. Now there's laundry in the machines, and a few other things to get to before bedtime. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment