Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Cats, and Big Cats

I was at the computer yesterday when I looked left and saw this double-wide load.


Later, they moved into the next portion of the synchronized competition:


Miri was, as usual, skeptical of my intentions.


Eventually, she put her head back down. I love the paw-on-paw action. Her paw, his paw, her head.


Today when I looked over, she was relaxed against Carlos's back.


And for once, she wasn't giving me the bug-eyed-fear look.


She's lived here three years next January, and she's finally starting to be less than 100% wary 24-7.


Which makes me think that Carlos is a tranquilizer.


But whatever the reason, I'll take it. My expectations for her are pretty low. It shouldn't be hard for her to exceed them, but she doesn't do it much.

Meanwhile, in the world of the big cats, here's a fun video. What I want to know is, how did they discover that big cats like to play with pizza boxes in the first place?


Thanks for the link go to the good folks at Cheezburger, of course.

Don't miss the part around 2:30 where Jumanji gets distracted from the pizza box and starts chasing his tail instead! They really are just like house cats, only bigger.

And, you know, deadly.

But so cute!

2 comments:

  1. Aw! Carlos and Miri are super cute snuggling together. (BTW my brother's cat has the bug-eyes of fear. . . I think it's my little nephews' fault!)

    Maybe big cats like pizza boxes the way little cats like those corrugated cardboard scratchy things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cats of yours are just too cute. I love the snuggly pics :D

    ReplyDelete