Thursday, September 15, 2011

Let's Blame the PMS, Shall We?

It's been a grumpy day. Nothing major, just grumpy. Probably PMS, plus weather. Who really knows why? It hasn't been a particularly bad week, and nothing particularly bad happened to turn my mood today, so we'll call it hormonal.

The weather was markedly cooler and unsettled all day. After lunch today, I got up and walked from my desk to the kitchen, looking out the windows and noticing how much darker it had gotten. I threw my trash away, turned around to walk back to my desk, and saw that in the maybe 30 seconds I'd been facing away from the window, it had started raining.

Pouring, actually. Downpour, flood, whatever you want to call it. Weird. Then it stopped, then it rained lightly, then it stopped, then there was some blue sky ... on my drive home it sprinkled slightly on and off.

***

Yesterday at work, I had a casual kitchen conversation with a co-worker about office fridges, how nasty they get, how no one wants to clean them, etc. This morning, I arrived at work to find someone else cleaning the fridge out. So, I wanted to ask the question, for those who work in offices:
  • Does your office have a cleaning schedule, a plan, a person responsible for the issue?
  • Or does the fridge get cleaned out when someone caves, and Just Can't Stand It anymore?
***

I'm off for codeine/cat/chocolate therapy. The real vitamin C!

1 comment:

  1. I am on our Health and Saftey Team at the office. Each Friday at 330 PM the fridges are emptied. Unless you placed a postit not asking for it not to be tossed, it will be tossed.

    The Office Admin person does this and when she is not in the office another person from the H&S team assists.

    ReplyDelete