Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Smile Because it Sucked

Today kicked my ass. It sucked. Suuuuuuuuuuuuucked. Today can bite me, and be over already.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be over here with my head in the ice cream.

I'm kidding.

There isn't enough ice cream in the world to make this feel better. So! What will?

Well, there's this guy, of course:


These, finished last night:


There's a lovely rant from Borders employees somewhere, which you really ought to read if you ever go into bookstores (and if you don't, why are you here?), and most especially if you've ever worked in a bookstore you must read it! (Click on it for full size, or read it here.)


And this, which I was a little leery of watching when I already wasn't cheerful--a memorial service, and Jim Henson's? Wah. But his friends and fellow Muppet-eers are singing his favorite songs, and, well, honestly. Elmo sings Lydia the Tattooed Lady? Sold. I'm in. (I love that from The Philadelphia Story; well, I love the entire movie, but anyway.)



Close your eyes and hear Scooter or Fozzie; then open your eyes and marvel. (Thanks, Boing Boing.) At least watch the first few minutes. Or click here to go to the mind-blowing combination of Henson and Milne. Whoa.

I got a little sniffly at the end, but overall it made me smile. Which is valuable.

2 comments:

  1. Oh jeez, I made the mistake of watching the muppet video at work. I was doing just fine until the very end. Still glad I watched it though.

    So sorry work is still not going well; I know you had highish hopes for this one. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to figure out how to ward off these sucky days. But hahahaha at the Borders rants. I was saying YES to most of those, esp. the very bottom one.

    ReplyDelete