Thursday, September 22, 2011

Feeling Better (relatively speaking)

I'll be brief, because my week'o'migraine has me in a bit of a pit around here. In a nutshell:
  • it got bad
  • it got worse
  • I didn't go to work yesterday
  • I spent all of yesterday either sleeping, or moaning on the couch when my upset stomach wouldn't let me lie down
  • this morning was better than that, but not enough that I didn't call in to work again
  • my appetite did return somewhat, not hard considering that Wednesday's intake consisted of ginger ale and a few saltines in the morning, and a bowl of cereal in the afternoon (which I then spent several hours expecting to see again, if you know what I mean)
  • I finally left the house this afternoon, having finally felt well enough to shower, and drive, and not wanting to have to reschedule my doctor's appointment and miss more work for it later
  • for the record, having a mid-grade migraine made the annual GYN appointment neither better nor worse
  • right now it's mildly painful, but tolerable
Well, so that wasn't particularly brief. Point is, I just ordered a pizza, and now I want to try to dig out the kitchen a bit, because urgh.

It's not the only reason that I sometimes wish I was in a relationship, but when I'm sick, it sure would be nice to have someone who wanted to scramble an egg or heat up some soup for me. Ah well, tonight the pizza man delivers, which will have to be enough.

Please join me in wishing that this headache is done, though. If it comes back tomorrow, oh, please don't let it come back.

1 comment:

  1. Oof. Rough times but I hope it's still getting better. (And yeah don't you wish for once that the cats would make YOU dinner?)

    ReplyDelete