Friday, May 14, 2010

So Much for the Bruins

Well, that takes care of that.

It was a strangely balanced series.

The Bruins won the first three games, Philly the next three.

In game seven, the Bruins scored the first three goals, Philly the next three.

And by scoring the seventh goal, Philly won the seventh game.

And then there's the fact that in rooting against Philly in the next round, I'm rooting for Montreal. What kind of revolting development is that for a god-fearing Boston fan? It's like asking a Red Sox fan to root for the Yankees.

I guess I'm down to an unenthusiastic Go Chicago.

2 comments:

  1. You're not going to believe this! I was rushing to finish a movie that's due back. . .and I totally forgot to watch the game. I didn't see a single second of it.

    That said. . . can't I convince you to come over to the "dark side" with a Tastykake? No? Too soon to ask?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That game last night was a bit of a heartbreaker to say the least ... I cannot cheer for Philly, I'm not sure I can bring myself to cheer for the Habs, I don't want to cheer for Chicago so that leaves me with San Jose ... it's a sad, sad, hockey finale ...
    Oh well, I guess I have lots of knitting & some books to read ... and my cat to cuddle ...

    ReplyDelete