Tuesday, May 04, 2010

A Very Good Day Indeed

I woke to a beautiful day and the knowledge that the Bruins travel to Philadelphia up two games to none. Very nice!

Next: the boil-water order was lifted! Given that I broke out the huge pot over the weekend so that I could boil more than 2 cups at a time, I've been feeling like Laura Ingalls with a dipper for a few days now. This is good. The dishwasher runs even now.

Oh, and? I have an interview tomorrow. Woo-hoo! It's for a proofreader, too, though it is a temporary position, expected to go to October. Still, foot in the door, you know? I'm glad to get the interview practice, if nothing else.

I went out to run some errands, and what comes up on the radio but my favorite group, Depeche Mode, always a pleasant surprise. Then there they are again on another station, maybe ten minutes later, and it's the same song:



All I ever wanted,
All I ever needed,
Is here, in my arms.

Made me laugh, anyway! What are the odds? Please keep your fingers crossed for me, around 11 tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed, prayers, and metta... not necessarily in that order!

    My 'word' verification breaks out to:
    id is me (head cold voice)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard this song on my way in to school this morning! I hope that was a good omen.

    Also, that picture of Carlos in the previous post totally cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete