Saturday, May 22, 2010

The First of Many Working-in-Boston Photos

I know I haven't being doing it long, and that there are worse times of year, but so far at least I have been enjoying being in Boston during the week. There's something quite pleasant about eating lunch here:


This was Thursday, in Copley Square. As you can see in the first photo, the central area there was empty (except for a guy practicing his moves with a soccer ball). Yesterday, the fountain was on, and it was full of water instead.


I also enjoy walking around Boston and checking out the architecture. I think I've said it here before: if you come to Boston, don't forget to look up. Some of the details are astounding.


And such a mixture of styles.


Even the fire escapes can be attractive.


I also like the little alleys that run between the major streets. It's fun to see behind the facades.


And in the unlikely event that I am ever the subject of a statue, I want one like this. Sitting down...


...with books under the chair.


On the other hand, the thought that there are people in that window-washing rig gives me the shivers.


I saw a lot of these around. Ooh, movie parking!


The Globe was able to tell me that it was for filming a movie I never heard of, featuring an actress and several actors I never heard of. Not quite so exciting. Oh well.


That's life. And so is this, but in a better way. At the farmer's market on Friday, I was unable to resist the lure of the expensive, organic, first-of-the-season strawberries.


And I'm glad I didn't resist. They were as good as they looked.


And of course eating them while admiring Trinity was very pleasant.


I wonder if the glow will wear off. I think not. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment