Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Quick Note Between Periods

Which Bruins team will show up tonight?

The new job should be starting Monday, though that's to be confirmed later this week; they have to get the computer and all set up, which can be fast and can be slow.

It's funny: two weeks between jobs seems like nothing, like a long vacation. I slept late and read books and cuddled Carlos. What was hard about this time? Yet of course I've been looking for a job for months, struggling and searching and it hasn't been easy. Or quick.

I suppose the truth lies somewhere in between. As is true of so many things in life.

Meanwhile, today I went in search of fun, and I found it.


A traveling exhibit landed in Lexington, not too far, and was it fun! Sadly, no photos were allowed inside (which I understand, but I felt cramped by nonetheless). Seeing one of the actual Kermits, Ernie and Bert, Rowlf, was very touching. They seemed literally larger than life. There were original sketches, and video of early commercials and talk show appearances, and I really enjoyed it. If it comes near you, and you have any interest in Jim Henson's work, I highly recommend.

Time to get back to the game. Go Bruins!

3 comments:

  1. it can be so frustrating waiting for the word as to when you start your new job. i remember when i applied for my job at npr it was a sloooooow process. my soon-to-be boss kept calling me to let me know what was going on and to make sure i didn't take another job somewhere else.

    enjoy your downtime and (just for you) "go bruins!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you don't catch Carlos on the phone trying to turn down your job offer so he can keep you home to cuddle him. ;)

    I'm (sort of) sorry about the Bruins last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Heritage Museum in Lexington is a great place, and their temporary exhibits are great. I once went to one on the history of doing laundry in America. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete