Sunday, May 02, 2010

Hockey Good, Weather Good, Water Bad

Marc Savard is a little excited.
(I think this is kosher, right? I'm not stealing the photo, I'm promoting it? Thanks Yahoo, thanks Getty Images, for a great photo!)

So! How about that hockey game? The Bruins get an early lead, Philly catches up, OT, and Marc scores the winner in his first game since early March. Very entertaining, and the promise of a good series.

In other local news, you may have heard about Greater Boston's little water problem? A major supply pipe blew a gasket (or something), and I'm one of 2 million people told to boil water. For the immediate future, "hopefully days not weeks" they say. Well, hopefully! To wash hands, brush teeth, do dishes, prep food, or drink ... well. This isn't fun.

I don't mind conserving water where I can--I wasn't planning to wash my car, I don't have a lawn to water, and I can even hold off on laundry for a while (oh, the sacrifice), but the idea of boiling enough water to do all the dishes is unappealing. It wouldn't be so bad if I'd been caught up when this started, but I wasn't. Yuck, basically.

On the other hand, as I don't have to go to work on Monday (ahhh, choirs of angels singing), I have time to deal with this as it goes. Though on the other other hand, my now-former company isn't in the boil zone. I could have been drinking all the water I could hold on Monday morning, no muss no fuss... nah, still not worth it.

The weather has been very nice, and I saw lots of lovely flowers when I went for a walk Friday evening. I want to share them with you, but Blogger is not in the mood, apparently. I'll try again later. Hope you enjoy your Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Boiled water, yum! My aunt used to pour a teakettle full of boiling water over the drainer-full of dishes sitting in one of the sinks to kill germs. Maybe you could wash dishes in unboiled and scald them.

    Paper plates would be good. No washing.

    Or wash as normal and boil metal in the just washed saucepan and microwave non-metal objects?

    What a challenge! And congrats on being unemployed on purpose. LOL

    ReplyDelete