Wednesday, May 05, 2010

And now we wait

So, the interview went pretty well, I think, given how stomach-clenching and sweat-inducing I find such things. No matter how many times I tell myself that it's good practice, that the worst thing that will happen is a brief feeling of stupidity followed by no job offer (which leaves me about where it finds me), that in any case it will be over soon ... I still reach for the Tums. Urg. But I think it went well, and now we wait and see (and wonder, and second-guess, and take Tylenol PM tonight for sure).

And it was a beautiful day to be in Boston. There are lots of tulip beds in the Public Garden, and you know I had my camera with me (when do I not?).

Purple

Dark red, nice

Wait, one purple in a bed of yellow? Heads will roll!

Pink

Yellow with red stripes

Yum

Even white

Swan boats

And swans

(Want more flower pictures? I put the photos I took Sunday, at the Arboretum and in my friend's garden, up on Flickr, here. Lots of lilacs!)

I enjoy the contrasts of Boston architecture. Always look up!




And of course one of my favorite parts of Boston is near North Station, home of my Bruins. A promo Hummer:


Flaming logos on the hood, interesting

A trash-talking billboard for the current series:

Did you know the Garden is right next to the highway?

Yes, I'm in the right place.

The signs are everywhere. Tuukka:

My boy Patrice:

Indeed, the signs are everywhere.

You can disregard the green signs. I did.

I feel so at home here.

Now, no trip is complete without a swing through the Pro Shop. There's a surprising amount of green merchandise for a store I consider the Bruins' property, but we can overlook that.

Some of the things I managed to deny myself included this pet set:

Temporary tattoos:

And a Bruins mouse with a floating puck:

I actually think the floating basketball in the Celtics version comes across better.

But did I get anything? Well, yes. I had to get a Bruins key chain with my name on it (of course), and then, well, yeah. A shirt. The thing is, my recent adventures in flying the colors showed me that I don't actually have a general Bruins t-shirt, and while I love the Terry O'Reilly one I got when they retired his number, you know, a girl needs more.

And this one feels really nice, has a faded look I like, and feels really nice (some of them feel like crap, you know? thin and cheap). It was marked down from $36 to $20, and while I still think $20 is a lot for a t-shirt, well. Sleeve stripes!

It followed me home. I'm keeping it!

Gratuitous Carlos shot, your reward for making it all the way to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment