Monday, March 08, 2010

Some Knitting, and other thoughts

A short one tonight, folks; my hands are tired.

On the other hand, look what I made since yesterday:


It's for Grandma; I feel sure my aunt can keep a secret for a few weeks (right?). He's more blue than these photos suggest.

Rear view:


Cute, eh?

I took a walk yesterday (and my legs ache today). It was too nice not to. Had to be close to 60! Some of the views showed the ice still there:


Some don't.


And I saw evidence of beavers as well. Ouch!


Also yesterday, I brushed Carlos. And brushed him. And brushed him. My goodness.


He looked just the same after, too.

During the third period of yesterday's Bruins game, I was listening from the kitchen as I made dinner, and realized at one point that it had gotten quiet, too quiet for too long. I went to the TV, and sure enough, player down. They took Marc Savard off the ice on a stretcher; he has a grade 2 concussion. Ow. Get well soon, Savvy.

All right, I have to get to bed. I leave you with this final thought:

Here's the analogy I came up with today to describe what's it like to try to organize my current work project. Have you ever tried to put a sleeping baby or toddler in a snowsuit? And the limbs just don't want to go in, and you keep thinking you're there but suddenly one pops back out?

Now picture trying it with a centipede.

Then make the centipede Siamese twins.

Now you're close.

3 comments:

  1. I love the peep!

    You could get that Carlos fluff spun into some nice orange yarn. Kitty angora.

    Best of luck wrestling the centipede. Millipede.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little blue knit thing, and I will keep my mouth shut.

    Aunt D

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i LOVE the analogy. You've really got me curious - what kind of job do you have? I mean, what is it you do?

    ReplyDelete