Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Funny governmental date-counting; and work antidotes


I recently sent my passport in for renewal (it, uh, expired last summer*).

*I used it twice in its ten-year span, so I wasn't really worried I'd need it sooner.

I stopped at the post office after work on Thursday, February 25th.

According to the Delivery Confirmation, it was delivered (at 5 AM!) on Sunday (?) the 28th. (I did send it Priority, but Sunday? Really? Interesting.)

The check cleared my bank account on Tuesday, March 2nd.

And today, a week later, I still can't track the renewal online. It takes 5-7 days, they say piously. They didn't exactly hesitate to process the check, did they? I wonder if I'll get the new passport before the tracking goes live.

It isn't that I need it now, and after all if I did it would be my own fault for not sending the renewal in about eight months ago. But still, isn't that funny?

**************
Work sucked again today, surprise*, so I stopped on the way home for some mood enhancement.

*Oh, not knowing that bit of information means you now have to re-do four** days worth of work? Oops.

**Two days by me, two days by someone else. Fantastic.

These are rolls for pretzel lovers. Mmmm, that's me!


Not cheap, but worth it.


This is a feast for the eyes and nose. Mmmm, flowers.


These look a little funny, eh?


Oh mercy, are they good. Sort of candy coating over good chocolate over really good chewy caramel. Whew.


This job may not drive me to drink, but it drives me other places.

1 comment:

  1. That's right, they take your money and then take their sweet time.

    Quail egg candy. That sounds really weird but really delicious.

    ReplyDelete